Monday, November 12, 2007

It was all loveliness!

On Saturday I had the delight of attending a kitchen and linen shower given for my youngest sister. It was, without a doubt, one of the loveliest bridal showers that I have ever experienced!

Given by three precious women of God and hosted by a dear family friend -- a lady whom my mother has often referred to as my sisters' and my fairy godmother {and if we were Catholic I do believe she would be our godmother!}.

The refreshments were scrumptious... tea cookies, little sandwiches, deviled eggs, fresh asparagus, colorful fruit, refreshing punch, soothing coffee... and so beautifully presented.

The fellowship was sweet and encouraging. A room full of Godly women (most of whom can remember the day my sister was born) offering edifying words of wisdom to the bride on how to love and cherish her husband, honor him, and, most importantly, to first love her God.

The prayers for this soon-to-be-wedded couple were ferverent and sincere.

The gifts...oh such generosity!... so many beautiful things to help my sister turn a bare, old house into a cozy little "house of dreams."

It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning and is not soon to be forgotten!