Thursday, April 17, 2008

For Luke

Here are a few items stitched with love for a sweet little man in my life. A monogrammed bib -- my first project involving three initials.

I created the monogram on the computer using the universe font (the same font that is in my header). I chose it because its a simple and clean sans sarif typeface; I'm a bit wary of taking on a sarif font just yet. Then I simply traced the monogram on the bib in washable ink and satin stitched over the ink. Easy. Time consuming, but easy and fun!

On the burp cloth I simply wrote "luke" in washable ink and backstitched over it -- a different color thread for each letter. This project was so simple, easy, and fast; best of all I love the way it turned out. A big thank you to Deb for sending me the link to
Tiny Sprouts, which was the inspiration for this project.

I hope Luke's mama likes these goodies!