Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thank you

Oh friends, your response to yesterday's post was overwhelming! Truly you encourage me and warm my heart! I thank you for your kind comments. What a sweet little community we have built here!

"Keeping it real" was born out of a short email dialogue that I had late last week with a friend (hi Deb!). We were discussing our tendencies to compare ourselves, our families, our homes to others, often times to those whom we never see more than in a tiny glimpse. I felt a burden to show you all more of the everyday me.

Perhaps the post should have been written months ago, but its importance never really occurred to me until now. I have added it as a permanent link on my side bar.

One of the main reasons that I started this blog was because I wanted to force myself to use the camera more, with the hope of learning to take better photos. I enjoy the challenge of pushing myself to learn how my camera works, about lighting, about how to improve my shots, so you will continue to see many of my little photo vignettes here. When you view them please keep in mind that they are only tiny glimpses of a much bigger, imperfect picture. I am "enjoying a beautiful life" but I am also good at making messes and I assure you that my life has it's fair share of them, big and small. From time to time perhaps I'll show you some of them!

You all are a delight to me. Thank you for reading, faithfully, and for chiming in with your wise words and insights.

In the photo, azaleas from the yard in a birthday vase for the professor's mother. The boys call her Khaki. I wish I had flowers to give each of you.