Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer days... and boyhood

Yesterday Boo informed me, "Mommy, I want to go out west on a cattle drive for my birthday. I want to go on a cattle drive for true... really soon, like when I'm twenty-six. The cowboys won't care if I ride their horses."

That statement perfectly encompasses what makes a nearly six-year-old boy absolutely lovable and enchanting: He sincerely and completely believes that the world, and everything in it, is within his grasp.

I hope and pray that both of my boys will always have a broad view, with humility, of who they can be in Christ, and that they will be used mightily by Him for the advancement of His kingdom.

For now, we are enjoying simple, summer days with forts and books, paper and crayons; and, we imagine and think about the many, many things we can do and be. Afterall, the world is within our grasp!

Oh, and Tukes was here (and here). I counted 23 CDs stacked in the CD player!