Monday, October 27, 2008

Real Life Glimpses

I have been listening to instrumental Christmas music since mid-October. I'm not trying to hurry-up Christmas or skip over Thanksgiving. I just love it.

We are expecting overnight company tomorrow night. I have yet to appropriately grocery shop, cook, and clean in preparation for their stay. Now you know what I will be doing on Tuesday.

This morning I watched my 2-year-old eat dry cereal off the floor with a spoon. I did not try to stop him. He told me, "Dis makes me cwazy." Clearly I am the one that is "cwazy".

My firstborn crashed into the front door on his bike today while trying to do a stunt. It's a good thing we haven't installed the glass storm door yet. I am now trying to wash bicycle grease out of khaki pants.

Nearly every chilly morning I face off with the cereal-eating toddler to make sure that he is clad in long pants and long sleeves. He is zealously committed to short pants, short sleeves, and his too-big orange Crocs. By the time we get to the shoes I give in and let him clomp around town in the Crocs.

I started a basic sewing class tonight and was more nervous about it than I've been in years. I'm telling you I looked every bit the beginner when I showed up with all of my supplies brand-new and in their packages. I feel more comfortable carrying a camera bag than a sewing basket. But, y'all, I'm learning to sew!

The temperature is supposed to drop to 34 tonight. I will have to sleep in socks so that I don't freeze to death.