Friday, February 27, 2009

Shades of Blue


Last night some friends and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Abby. To greet guests at the front door I made a rag wreath in shades of blue.

{Bend a wire coat hanger into a circle and then start tying knots. You'll need 6 to 10-inch strips of rags in complimentary colors... I used fabric remnants, an old shirt, hole-y jeans, and a ragged pillowcase. Easy and cheap free!}

For sweet baby James I had fun putting this button suit together in blue-gray. Because the happy mama loves all things that are monogrammed, I embroidered it in white.

The fabric came from a partial bolt that I found on the bottom shelf at the thrift store. The price tag... only $2.99! It washed up beautifully... a soft, delicate cotton weave just right for a new little one. Best of all, I've got more!