Friday, March 6, 2009

Day Off

Teacher Work Day... no school! 
Today, I decided, would be just for the boys. 
A fun day!

This morning we traded town for the country with big plans in mind.
Hiking, outfitted in boots and backpacks {it's all about the gear, folks}.
Boo's request, a picnic in the white gazebo {see above}.
Fish feeding. Horse watching. Mockingbird chasing.

After adventuring, and rock throwing, and picnicking we went in search of a mooing cow. The cow was not to be found but we happened upon a haystack which, Boo proclaimed, he and Tukes must climb, "Just like Laura and Mary."

So, my boys climbed to what felt like the top of the world, while I laid on my back in the pasture smiling and capturing their delight.

I hope they always believe that they can climb to the top of the world.