Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Listen

At times He leads me to a place where the only thing I can do is take one step... the next step... in faith. There is no seeing ahead: I am walking an unknown path.

I have been there before. I am there now. No doubt, I will be there again. In the past I have prayed, "Lord, show me Your will... guide me... direct my path."

This I have learned... He will. He is my Shepherd, He has promised me this, He will not fail to do so.

There have been times, many I am sure, when He spoke gently to my heart but I missed His whisper, deaf by my own fears and opinions and plans. 

My prayer today is simply,
"Father, help me to listen to Your voice and heed Your direction."

After all, He has shown me...
what is good
what I should seek
whom I should love.

Now, I must listen...

Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.
With Your counsel You will guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.
Psalm 73:23-24