Sunday, August 1, 2010

Eight



Eight years ago today at 6:33 p.m. I received one of the greatest gifts of my life... you made me a mother. Before you were you I imagined that one day I might have a boy who looked just like his daddy; you are the boy from those dreams. And, you are so many wonderful things...

You are my adventurer. You love new experiences and you love to travel. You are always eager to try new things, especially if food, wheels, vehicles, or speed are involved. You enjoy an active, busy existence and you are always ready for more. I love your insatiable appetite for life.

You are a hard worker which makes me so proud. You try to do your best for the glory of God in your schoolwork, in your housework, and in projects that you undertake. I admire your persistence when something isn't easy for you.

You have a kind and loving heart. The tender love that you have for your siblings and the kindness that you show your friends never ceases to amaze me. You love God and seek to honor Him. I pray that your heart will always be soft.

You have a fun sense of humor. As you grow older I love watching this part of your personality mature. I love to laugh with you.

Yes, you are the son that I dreamed of, but you are so much more than I could have ever imagined. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, placed in our family for a purpose. I love you so very much and am proud to call you my son. Happy Birthday!

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;
seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness...
2 Peter 1:2-3a