Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Quiet Week



Yesterday afternoon the humidity lifted; today there is a nice breeze. The afternoon forecast is 95 degrees but it's actually comfortable to be outdoors if one is in the shade. This morning Baby and I happily sat on the bench under our big oak tree while Little Brother and Miss Brown Eyes dug for gold in the backyard. It was calm and quiet... it was nice.

Little Brother begins his preschool adventures next week. He is excited and ready! I am excited for him, but this week I'm savoring some extra special time with him.

Hence, a quiet blogging week for me.

In addition to doing four-year-old boy things this week I'm praying about what our autumn season should include regarding activities. Also weighing heavily on my heart and mind is the importance and significance of completely entrusting my children to God. How very timely that these thoughts are top of mind as we are preparing to have Baby baptized this Sunday. It will be a special time as we:

"Unreservedly dedicate our child to God, and promise, in humble reliance upon divine grace, to endeavor to set before her a godly example, pray with and for her, teach her the doctrines of our holy faith, and strive, by all the means of God’s appointment, to bring her up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." from The Book of Church Order, for the Presbyterian Church in America

Unreservedly... I'm taking time to prepare my heart. As I contemplate these things how very timely it was for God to lead me to this little passage yesterday...

"Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands... When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me." from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Amen and amen!

Be sure to check out the fresh batch of inspiring links on my sidebar for some creative and challenging reading material. I'll plan to see you all next week with a little more regularity.