Monday, October 18, 2010

Thankful Moments



Tonight I am tired but thankful for...

123. The first round of flooring, which arrived early {but is not yet installed}.

124. A selfless husband. He insisted on staying home with all three children when one of them became ill and we had to cancel babysitter plans so that I could attend our small group Bible study. He fed everyone, cleaned the kitchen, and all was quiet {except for the no-bottle-baby} when I came home.

125. Baby enjoying the wind in her face.

126. Boys that smell like fresh air.

127. Our small group.

128. How God continues to heighten my awareness of His fingerprints on every moment of every day. I'm seeing more and more how He perfectly orders our moments according to His plan. As He shows me this I'm learning to trust His timing and design in the small day-to-day tasks.

129. A recent fun evening for our family watching the Harlem Globetrotters.

130. These verses from Psalms: "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim You, who walk in the light of Your presence, O Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness." Psalm 89:15-16 -- I find such hope in knowing that acclaiming God and walking in His presence is learned... it's a process. By God's grace I will continually grow in this, that I might rejoice in His name and be aware of His presence at all times.

131. How a feverish Little Brother and a blow-out baby diaper redirected our path from going to soccer practice after school today. The extra hours we gained at home were just what we needed to finish schoolwork in a timely, stress-free way, laugh with Daddy, and complete some art projects... Big Brother's drawing will be submitted in the art fair tomorrow!