Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lately



We've had some winter weather lately, of the icy variety...


Which has afforded us some snow days hot chocolate days spent at home.

***************


After peaking into our dining room last week Jenn wondered if we like Sister's new Gulliver high chair from Ikea. It's simple and lightweight, easy to use and easy on the eye -- we love it. However, it has a major design flaw... it lacks a tray. Obviously we haven't let that detail stop us from using it!

***************


Have you ever participated in a pounding? This afternoon some of the women in our church "dropped in" on an old friend who has just returned to town after several years overseas. Everyone came with simple, practical gifts {gleaned from our own surplus} to help feather her new nest. What a fun, easy way to bless someone else. Wouldn't a mother expecting her second, third, or fourth baby love a "pounding" of diapers or frozen meals?! Food for thought...

***************


Twenty-four hours ago I may have been in the town of my alma mater. I may have stayed up late watching college football...


After the game I may have attended a block party at midnight where I may have rolled the live oaks at Toomer's Corner...


I may have braced my husband's legs while he climbed a permanently placed decorative apparatus in order to capture photos...

However, one thing is certain... "I believe in Auburn and love it."
War Eagle!