Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Meredith's Denim Tote



At last count there were eight pairs of holes-in-the-knees jeans at our house. "Surely there is something I can do with them," I thought. Pondering the need for a delightful yet inexpensive birthday party gift, I lopped off the leg of one pair, just below the knee, and made a pint-sized tote for our little friend, Meredith, who celebrated her fifth birthday today.


I trimmed the bag with rescued, vintage lace and some ribbon from my stash. For just $5 we filled it with little things that young girls love... fruit flavored lip balm, Hello Kitty bandaids, palest pink fingernail polish, a fun toothbrush, and a pair colorful socks {each item was $1 or less at Target}.

Simple and delightful. When it comes to a bag of happy treats what's not to love?!