Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Smitten Lately {A Post for Catching Up}



Since the professor's return, I've been trying to catch up on life and rest. Flying solo while he was away left me feeling as jet-lagged as our weary traveler. The children and I were in survival mode for 3.5 weeks; it feels good to be rediscovering life as normal once again.

A few days ago I realized that I never showed you the backsplash that the professor installed behind the vanities in both bathrooms using miniature subway tile. The tiles mimic the backsplash in the kitchen, except they're smaller. I am smitten with white subway tile... and the professor, too.


"Mommy, they bloomed!" I am smitten with boys who are smitten with bugs, and butterfly fun.


Lately, I've been smitten with the daily play of sunlight in the hall.


Smitten with my dapper, young gents taking inventory of their Easter egg loot. Smitten with thoughtful friends who delight them every year with a rockin' Easter egg hunt.


Smitten with my Easter flower.


Grandaddy, Gracie and Sister smitten with each other. Well, Gracie isn't smitten with Sister... the Strawberry Girl tends to chase and pull ears. I think Gracie is very relieved when Sister is behind glass!


Smitten with the way she crosses her ankles... smitten with her juicy thighs... smitten with her little pink tongue... yep, I'm smitten with 17 pounds and 13 ounces of healthy baby. The pediatrician tells me that she has a 50th percentile head on a 5th percentile body... apparently, these days, Miss Peanut has more brains than brawn!

And that, my friends, is just a glimpse of life lately. What has left you smitten lately?