Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Triple Sweet Treat



Charged with the happy task of providing sweet treats for Little Brother's preschool Easter party I planned to make whoopi pies, but time and a fussy baby were not on my side. In a slap-dash style that is becoming increasingly familiar, I grabbed chocolate chip cookie dough that was hanging out in the frig and baked the cookies on the small'ish side. It took exactly two minutes and very little effort to whip up some whoopi pie filling; when the cookies were cool I sandwiched two of them together with a generous dollop. And then, because three forms of sugar are always better than two when it comes to preschoolers, I rolled them in sprinkles. {I know, I know. What was I thinking?}

What is this confection? To be honest, I'm not sure. It's part whoopi pie to be sure, but oh so very reminiscent of the Double-Doozies I used to buy at The Great American Cookie Company when I was 13 and cruising the mall with my junior high friends. I suppose it's a Whoopi Double-Doozy. Of one thing I am sure... these sugar babies make preschoolers very hyper happy!