Friday, October 21, 2011

Clothed as Lilies



I love it when God reveals Himself to me in the most insignificant ways...

Our mild, autumn air turned chilly this week and I found myself reaching for warmer clothes. To the boys' chagrin I insisted on long pants, and there was the zipping up of jackets before the slinging on of backpacks each morning.

In Sister's drawer I chose from a random collection of clothes... a pile of hand-me-downs sent by my cousin Jennifer, things outgrown by her Caroline, and an odd assortment of items that Bunny and my Susan-friend had picked up for Sister at various thrift stores and consignment shops. As I sorted and grabbed, things began to coordinate and outfits started coming together. Cute, happy, fun outfits!

I smiled.

There was no plan when that pile of gently used clothes landed at my house... just a lot of love. Yet, that pile was planned, tenderly and delightfully planned. His fingerprint.

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
Matthew 6:28-29
May He give you eyes to see His fingerprints this weekend.
They are there.