Monday, March 5, 2012

Grace for the Race



It seemed pointless, what with varicose vein surgery on the calendar and all, but my oldest and I had been talking about the race for almost a year. And so we began training... Together. {Grace}

We both knew that we'd train as partners until my leg surgery, but then he would be on his own. On race day he would probably be running alone. He still wanted to do it. {Grace}

And so, together, we began running. And talking, and laughing, and sharing. Working toward a common goal, he and me. {Grace}

And I was cherishing those outdoor, running miles of rare one-on-one time with him, my firstborn, my nine-year-old boy who loves to run. {Grace}

Some days he pushed me. Some days I pushed him. A shared challenge does that, you know... iron sharpens iron. {Grace}

It's funny how we insist on planning our course while there is One who directs our steps... It seems surgery in March wasn't such a good idea afterall; May will be a better time. {Grace}

And so we two, he and me, we're still running together. And talking, and laughing, and sharing, and encouraging each other. And I'm delighting in this man-cub who is growing up way to fast. {Grace}

And on race day, Lord-willing, we'll be running together. {Grace}

**********
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us... {And the Father, He will lavish grace on the race... for He is good}

Grace Laced Mondays