Friday, May 11, 2012

End of School Things



This week I made and distributed Colorburst Cupcakes baked into ice cream cones to the the third grade, much to their delight. Little Brother survived being the lion in his school play and even told me afterward that he likes the costume. Wonders never cease! Bread and jam, my standard teacher's gift, along with handwritten notes have been delivered all around. And, apparently, Sister hasn't received the memo that school is officially out, she's keeping herself very busy with "'omeworhk" these days. The boys have worked hard this year and finished well... I am so very proud of them.

It's a sweet moment as I reflect over our school year and see God's tremendous blessing and grace over us. His good gifts are numerous. Just as He promised, He has proved Himself faithful again. This is a day of thanksgiving... for His mercies over us and for the respite of summer break ahead of us.