Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sorta Summer



Now that school is out our days are are taking on a summery flair... slow mornings, ice cream sandwiches, bathing suits, dinner on the grill, relaxed evenings. And, oh my, we've had some beautiful spring afternoons lately. The imminent and relentless summer heat and humidity haven't arrived yet. Stay away, please stay away! The boys have started swimming lessons. Sister is having a hard time understanding why she can't get in the pool with them so I've offered a compromise. Thankfully she is not discriminating when it comes to swimming pools, any size will do. The gardenias and magnolias are in bloom right now. I love to step outside in the evening and smell the sweet fragrance in the cool air. I think I would love to keep having springy days filled with summery things forever. A sorta summer.