Monday, February 17, 2014

Buttercups Today



Fourteen years ago we were counting down the final days to our late February wedding. A winter wedding, or so I thought, until late one February afternoon when I took a walk with a neighbor and noticed the season's first daffodils just in bloom. It was then that I realized we were really planning an early {very early} spring wedding.

Around here the sun is coming up a bit earlier each morning and the birds are singing a happier tune. I found daffodils in the yard this afternoon which I picked and brought inside. A bit of sunlight and green for the table. The first notes in the beautiful song of spring have begun!

She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
"Winter is dead.”
A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young