Sunday, June 1, 2008

God is Love

I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with lovingkindness.

Jeremiah 31:3


O the deep, deep love of Jesus! Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free;
rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me.
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love;
leading onward, leading homeward, to Thy glorious rest above.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus:
Spread His praise from shore to shore;
how He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, never more;
how He watches o'er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
how for them He intercedeth, watcheth o'er them from the throne.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus! Love of every love the best:
'tis an ocean vast of blessing, 'tis a haven sweet of rest.
O the deep, deep love of Jesus! 'Tis a heav'n of heav'ns to me;
and it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee.

"O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus"
by Samuel Trevor Francis, 19th Century