Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thinking of a bride-to-be!


My youngest sister, my baby sister, is getting married! The wedding is not until after the new year but planning and preparations are already underway. She says that she would like to wear my veil so the other day I pulled it out and fluffed it up a bit. The morning light was so pretty shining on it through the window, I couldn't resist taking a few pictures. In my opinion, the veil is the most very bridal piece of all!

"I should like to get up on a sunny morning, put on my favorite dress, and then just walk to the church." Margaret Hale, heroine of Elizabeth Gaskell's 1854 novel North and South, on her ideal for a wedding.

And then, because I was having so much fun and because the early morning light was just right, I pulled out my own wedding gown and enjoyed its beauty.

I have my mother's youngest sister, my aunt, to thank for the gown that I wore on my wedding day. Afterall, it belonged to her before she gave it to me!