Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Give thanks for His bountiful care


Your bountiful care what tongue can recite?


It breathes in the air; it shines in the light;


it streams from the hills; it descends to the plain;


and sweetly distills in the dew and the rain.


Words from verse four of one of my most favorite hymns.
"O Worship the King" written by Robert Grant in 1833.

**********
Please take a few moments to read my friend Beth's very poignant thoughts about thankfulness. It is a beautiful post that challenges me to focus my heart and mind on the eternal, rather than the temporal, blessings we have in Christ -- the blessings which are vast, incomprehensible, and full of grace. She writes:

...I am often reminded by Him that what matters most is what I can't see - His kingdom, His holiness, people's souls, the will and work of His Spirit. May I take the time to ponder and appreciate and humbly thank Him for "every spiritual blessing in Christ,"... Read more.