Saturday, November 24, 2007

Glimpses of Thanksgiving


This year we spent Thanksgiving Day at my mother's sister's home atop Lookout Mountain overlooking Chattanooga. Lookout Mountain is one of my most favorite places to visit; the professor and I agree that we would love to live there someday.

The air was crisp and cold, the sunlight golden, and the changing leaves were gorgeous.

The house was full of loved ones, 16 of us to be exact, laughing and catching up.


My mother and her three sisters worked hard to prepare a delicious meal for us to enjoy.

We went for a walk after lunch to take in the view from the brow. Boo enjoyed using his binoculars.

Boo tried to "surf" down the staircase on my cousin's snowboard.

The professor and I had fun bundling up and taking Boo to Rock City on Thanksgiving evening to see the Enchanted Garden of Lights. It was a cold, windy night, but watching his delight was pure pleasure. I have wonderful memories of going to Rock City as a child; I think Boo will too.


Tukes thoroughly charmed everyone with his happy, toddling presence. Despite feeling badly from an ear infection he was quite a pleasant little guy, although he would not allow Bunny to change his diaper.

Friday morning we took the boys to the Chattanooga Choo-Choo where they enjoyed seeing the old steam locomotive, train cars, and the model trains.

At one point during the drive home on Friday afternoon I glanced at the backseat only to find Tukes grinning while riding down the road with his bear balanced on top of his head.

Both boys fell asleep on the way home, exhausted from exciting adventures and fun company.

*Photos taken at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo.