Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hike

Feeling energized and inspired from my challenging hike in Arizona, I set out with the boys late one afternoon for an adventure of our own.

Two dollars got us into the local state park where we found an easy hiking trail and enthusiastically set out.

Boo's eyes were as big as saucers when he spotted this pretty lady! "Mommy, we can't go any further down this trail," he told me. But, we continued on until I started to become a little (okay, more than a little) wary about being in the woods by myself with two young kids. Twenty minutes into our hike we turned around; next time we'll take the professor with us.

But the hope of fun did not die prematurely... we found a vintage playground.

In this case vintage is just a nice word for old, run down, and probably dangerous, but still fun.

And we watched some college kids swim and dive at the lake front. The diving board, I believe, is as old as the playground. Boo tells me he wants to jump off of it next time.

We were also very fascinated by the water bugs.

Then, on our way home we spotted this, much to our great delight!