Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October

There is no season

when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on,

and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings,

as now in October.

Nathaniel Hawthorne

The boys and I heartily recommend welcoming October with a picnic lunch under the shade of an oak tree.

For some, a tent is necessary.

A tent turned on its side is even better.

{After we finished our picnic lunch today Boo spent 45 minutes creating an elaborate cockpit inside the tent. He proudly showed it to me after I put Tukes down for a nap. Then, with eyes aglow, he informed me that he was ready for me to throw the tent, with him in it, across the yard so that he could catch a breeze and fly. Hmmm, that explains the cockpit.}

Welcome October, with your "pleasant and sunny spots".