Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sew Exciting!

Pardon the pun... I am giddy!

This week I started learning how to sew. On Monday and Tuesday nights I took a basic sewing class {a birthday gift from the professor's parents}.

Look what I made... this darling blue and white playsuit! At times it was tricky but my teacher was wonderful, and I had so much fun. What a feeling of accomplishment to see the finished product!

On Wednesday I pulled the secondhand singer {a 30+ year-old Fashion Mate} out of the attic and read the manual.

Then, going step-by-step, I wound a bobbin! {Isn't that Creme de Menthe thread delicious?}

My mother-in-law stopped by and walked me through the steps of threading the old girl. Now we're in business, at least temporarily, she needs a tune-up.

On Thursday I put together this little tea towel apron as a birthday gift for Boo's friend Betsy. This time around I didn't use iron-on adhesive... I sewed it!

I am excited... thrilled... and oh so happy. This is fun! Maybe over the weekend I'll tackle a real pillowcase apron. And soon, I'd like to do another playsuit, just to make sure the process is ingrained in my mind.

Oh the possibilities!