Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Strawberry Patch

I needed another apron like I needed a hole in my head. Rather than making a new one I decided to make over my strawberry patch apron... it is now a sewn{!!!} pillowcase apron. I peeled off the ribbons, cut, pinned, seamed and generally just had fun... and look!

I'll be blatantly honest, the craftsmanship is deplorable... yeah, it's really, really awful... but I'm learning. {That's my excuse.} This project allowed me to figure out a lot about what not to do next time. So now I'm a little wiser and a teeny, tiny, bit more experienced. Despite the crooked seams and the crooked pocket I'm excited about what I made and am looking forward to {hopefully} doing better next time.

The old Singer won't go into reverse and seems to be stuck in the basting stitch setting... yes, it's really time to have her serviced. My mother-in-law has kindly lent me her brand new sewing machine so while the enthusiasm is still fresh I'll keep things humming along with my sewing endeavors. Practice makes perfect, right? Or, at the very least, practice makes better.