Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Here Now



And so, we live here now... and it is good. There are more boxes that are packed than unpacked and we're still trying to place furniture, but we're here. I'd be lying if I said this move hasn't been hard on my heart. The sadness of saying goodbye to the old house took me by surprise... after all, we did pray for this. Yet, it's all a process, leaving the familiar behind to figure out something new and different.

This house, it's all burnished bronze and brass and wallpaper, a palette of yellow and orange and red and gold and brown... and we just moved ourselves in. We're living with it and thinking about paint and knocking down walls and what to do first. It's overwhelming. But, it is good and we are so thankful. I'm still shuffled and unsettled, and, at times, a bit sad, but we rejoice in what the Lord has done.

And... you shall rejoice in all the good things the Lord your God has given to you and your household. Deuteronomy 26:11