Friday, January 22, 2010

A Versatile Towel Mat



Last week, while the boys were ill, I had more time than usual to sew. Using extra white hand towels {my mom keeps me well stocked} and fabric from my stash, I had fun whipping up a handful of colorful, terry cloth towel mats. My inspiration came from Soule Mama and Darby's dish mat tutorial, although I ended up creating a process of my own.

In the kitchen my towel mat adds a fun splash of color and is a great place for wet dishes to air dry. This fabric absolutely makes me happy.


I made several to give as baby gifts. They can be used as a diaper changing mat easily stowed in the diaper bag, a lap pad and play mat, or as an oversized burpee. Whatever the use these cheery towel mats are easy and fun to put together and they make wonderful homemade gifts.