Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nesting, Hatching, and Horton


a light lunch

Last night, at an hour when I should have been sleeping, I was cleaning out and reorganizing my fabric stash and sewing notions. This morning I was a flurry of brushes and rags while valiantly blitzing the house. On days like today I'm thankful that Little Brother can be an amazingly self-satisfied little guy.

After a quick, light lunch {baby seems to be infringing on my stomach capacity} I made one last pass with the vacuum cleaner and settled in on the couch to read aloud with a somewhat neglected but content little boy... his book choice, Horton Hatches the Egg! {Oh, the irony it is not lost on me!}

It wasn't until that moment, when I was sprawled on the sofa with Tukes pointing to my round belly asking, "Is dat da baby's egg, Mommy," that I realized... I'm nesting.

Nesting, it's an invigorating and exhausting place to be.

Horton did indeed hatch the egg and then my little guy went down for a nap. I should have napped too, but my frenzy continued... I added more tasks to the "to do" list, cleaned the kitchen floor, and plopped myself in front of the sewing machine to churn out a few gifts.

Nesting... indeed. Hatching an egg... oh yes. Just don't hatch too soon Little One!