Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Solitude



This morning dawned breezy, bright, and beautiful... a perfect spring day. Forget yard work, the professor and Grandaddy quickly decided to whisk the boys off to a nearby air show. Being on the verge of delivery the idea of spending all day walking around on a tarmac didn't sound too pleasant so I opted to stay home and move at a slower pace.

I love Saturdays when projects are underway and the kitchen door slams as dirty boys run in and out, but today I'm enjoying the solitude. Oh, what to do with myself?! First, a long, hot shower {just because I can} and some sewing... there are buttonholes to finish and tiny dresses to begin. If I get antsy {but, really, how could I with glorious morning light pouring in through the windows?} there's an estate sale that has caught my interest and a big consignment sale that holds plenty of promise. Maybe I'll even take myself out to lunch.


Yes, the solitude is welcome. Today it's just me and Baby, and she doesn't have many demands {yet}!