Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shadows Lengthen





I was sitting in the green chair late yesterday afternoon when I noticed the setting sun playing on the living room wall. I handed the camera to the professor, stepped in front of the light, and we captured this silhouette. In many ways it seems an appropriate image for this point in the journey...

Thirty-six weeks, not much longer to wait. I can see the sun starting to dip to the west and the shadows lengthening... the sun will set on this pregnancy before too long. I'm looking forward to holding my dreamed of baby girl and kissing her warm, downy head. Yet, there is a bit further to go, a few more weeks to savor baby kicks, a little while longer to watch the play of light. Sunsets are beautiful, the one that is approaching will be grand, and the subsequent sunrise... full of joy and bright hope!