Friday, May 28, 2010

Eight Weeks Old



Hello Bright Eyes, you've had a busy week! Mommy is gaining some confidence so we're getting out and about more. This week you've been to the park, Kroger, the bank, and to speech therapy with your brother. The two of us also spent an afternoon on the road so that you could meet your Aunt Anna, your doting uncle, and the crazy boy-cousins. {Auntie will be delivering another boy-cousin for you any day now!} You took all of our outings in stride! I'm so thankful that you don't fight the carseat.


You've become quite chatty this week. Your favorite conversation partner is the little straw purse that Bunny gave you. What girl doesn't love a pretty handbag?!

{Nevermind that her hands are moving and Big Brother is out of focus... look at their hands on her head! So sweet!}

You are my 5 a.m. wake-up call. Now that I have a little more sleep under my belt I'm trying to stay up after I feed you to enjoy a quiet hour before our busy day begins. Some mornings I succeed, other mornings I crawl back into bed.

My deepest desire and most fervent prayer is that I will be faithful to teach and demonstrate the gospel to my children each day. It is a daunting task. This morning, while the house was still, I read Paul's words to the believers in the church at Corinth and I was struck by how perfectly they express my own goal as a mother as well as my desire for my children...

When I came to you, brothers my children, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching teaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

My prayer today is that I will be found faithful to rely on the Spirit in guiding the hearts of my children so that their faith will rest on God's power alone.

*edits in bold are mine