Friday, May 7, 2010

Five Weeks Old



Hello there Miss Delicious, you are five weeks old today. I took you for your one-month check-up this week; we are thankful that you are healthy and strong. You weighed eight pounds exactly... one month old and you're still smaller than your daddy was at birth, but my how you have grown!

It's been a fussy week for you. One day this week I even offered you a pacifier thinking hoping that it might help soothe away your colicky cries. I must admit I'm happy that you seem to think pacis are for spitting across the room. You're a little firecracker!

These days you enjoy your baths like a big girl, even when we wash your hair, and I think you're kind of, sort of getting the hang of the bottle, although I'm afraid that I don't offer you one often enough for you to master the skill.


You love to be outdoors. We've been taking walks around the neighborhood at dusk when the air smells sweet with honeysuckle and magnolia blossoms. You enjoy riding in the stroller, your eyes wide and bright with wonder as you take in this big, big world.

This week you made your first appearance at church, although we didn't make it all the way through the service before hunger struck your fancy. You sat in on your first parent-teacher conference this week, and I left you for the first time, in Kahki's loving care, so that I could attend a program at Big Brother's school. We also successfully grocery shopped together. Yes, slowly but surely we're starting to get out and about.

After all the fussiness of the past few days you've been as sweet as pie today, what a blessing. This afternoon we even coaxed you into giving us a few responsive smiles... what a blissful way to end the week! You melt my heart!