Thursday, May 13, 2010

Teacher Gift



Confession: The past month and a half have been a blur. The end of the school year crept up on me so quietly that it wasn't until Wednesday of this week that I really realized the last day of school is Friday.

Confession: I had nothing to give Big Brother's teacher to show our appreciation to her for a great year in first grade.

Confession: Baby Sister is almost six weeks old and I haven't yet attempted to venture out alone with all three children, nor have I gone far beyond Kroger. Hence, I had no intention of shopping.

I considered giving her a fresh, spring bouquet, but the issue of transporting it seemed major as I didn't trust Big Brother {or myself with a four year old and an infant in tow} to deliver it without mishap. With little time or energy for sewing, embroidering, or crafting I had to rely on what I could easily make at home and on what could be easily delivered by a seven year old boy.

A loaf of fresh bread paired with some homemade jam {which I already had on hand} and a small jar of vanilla-honey butter is what I managed to pull together, along with a handwritten note. I hope that she'll know how much we appreciate her... and I hope that she'll appreciate my need to keep things simple.