Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweet and Juicy



To save myself the madness of grocery shopping with three children in tow I've started doing my weekly Krogering at night after the darlings are peacefully tucked into bed. It works out quite nicely: the professor holds down the fort while I shop alone and then he helps me unload the car.

Last night, as I wandered the produce area, I was surprised to discover clementines on the shelf. I've always considered these splashy little guys to be winter-time guests, but I'll take them in summer too since they're willing to come.

We ate some this morning with our Pop Tarts {another spontaneous, late-night purchase... all part of a balanced breakfast, right?!}. The unexpected morning treats helped to bring smiles to teary faces facing yet another day of swimming lessons.