Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thank you and details

The care and concern that so many of you have expressed over our recent car accident truly makes me smile. Thank you so much for caring and for expressing it. You are a great encouragement to me.

We are doing well! My head and neck are still painful, but improving. The professor and the boys are pain free. We traveled home today from my parents' after a nice visit. I think the boys enjoyed riding in the Ford Batman Car.

Initial damage assessments by our insurance adjuster indicated that our car is most likely repairable. However, the body shop called today after their first observations and the damage to the frame is far worse than we anticipated. The likelihood of the car being totaled seems to be rising. We'll wait for a quote from the body shop and the final word from our insurance company, and in the meantime settle into being a one-car family for the time being -- something that I think is going to be rather fun!