Monday, December 17, 2007

Here's a link you're sure to love!


While visiting my parents over the weekend my dad showed me a very cool website that he has recently discovered! Ever heard of Plan59? All I can say is "Wow!" What a treasure trove of colorful, vintage, retro, and mod mid-century illustrations! The professor and I have had fun exploring this site and I hope that you will too! It's a fun one to be sure!


A 1953 Studebaker Starliner designed by Raymond Loewy. The professor's grandfather (the same one who had the hi-fi) bought one of these brand new after the war. In fact, the professor still has the bill of sale; regretfully, the car is no longer in the family.


We often half joke, half dream about owning and living in a mid-century modernist California-style patio home; a space-age bachelor pad is what we call it! In the southeast these are rare but when we lived in South Carolina we found one, perfectly preserved and it was for sale, but the timing wrong. Perhaps some day if we do get our space-age bachelor pad my kitchen will look like this!


Plan59: The Museum (and Gift Shop) of Mid-Century Illustration
You don't want to miss this one! Oh, and you can order prints too!
Have fun!!!