Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cupcakes, again


It seems I've been designated the "Cupcake Mom" for Boo's little class. I assure that it's not because I bake delicious cupcakes (confession: I most often use a mix) or because they look cute (despite my resistance to spend extra money on decorations). It's because I own the mini-cheesecake pan. The mother of every five year old in the class agrees that it makes the perfect sized cupcakes, not too big and not too small, for our sugar loving kids.


And so today we have Spring cupcakes to compliment the Spring party going on at school. Chocolate cake topped with vanilla icing and embellished with colorful jelly beans (that I already had on hand). What could be simpler and easier?


I wish I were brave enough to deliver and serve them on these colorful china saucers, but remember it's five year olds, mainly boys. Perhaps one day I'll have a little girl or a niece and together we'll sip milk from teacups while eating cupcakes off of pretty saucers! Until then, will you join me?


Christmas Tree Cupcakes

Valentine's Day Cupcakes