Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Morning Dreams



In the kitchen early this morning the professor asked me, "If today were a dream day what would yours be like?"

"I would get a haircut and some cute, inexpensive clothes that fit. Then I would eat an al fresco lunch on the banks of Lake Como in Bellagio, Italy," I replied. Then I continued to dream. After lunch I think I would sit in the sun dozing like a cat, then maybe I would hunt for sea glass at the water's edge and wander a bit, if I were so inclined. Finishing the day at the beach with friends would be nice, too.


In reality the house was filled with sunshine and birdsong as I sent my professor and my school boy out into the spring morning. Baby slept late {after a 5:30 a.m. feeding} and Little Brother wanted to play alone in his room after breakfast. I took myself {wearing pink bathrobe} and my camera into the backyard to enjoy the soft, early light; I admired my new orchid; I tidied the house quickly and dressed. When my little guy and my baby bird decided that they needed wanted me I was ready, actually I was more than ready, I was relaxed, and we three started our morning together.

It wasn't Italy or friends or the beach but it was was every bit as pleasant because it was home and sunshine and those most dear. I love it when dreams come true, even when the dreams are ones that I didn't bother to dream.

What are your dreams {either imagined or real} made of today?