Friday, June 11, 2010

Poolside



This post is dedicated to the girlfriends everywhere who love our daughters as much as we do...

The boys, the baby, and I ventured poolside today for the first time this summer. I wondered exactly how I would manage the trio, considering one of them is an infant, along with sunscreen and towels and pool toys and food. As it turned out, there was nothing to worry about...

No, there are no worries at all when a girl has a dear Susan-friend who eagerly tucks Baby into her arms and sprinkles sleepy summer fairy dust upon her and whispers sweet wishes in her ear... Baby will mellow into the most delicious lump of drowsy sweetness and decide that being cradled by loving arms in the breezy shade next to the pool is most definitely the best place to nap in town!

Yes, I've decided that my Susan-friend must indeed be Baby's fairy godmother: she loves the little one dearly and she works the most wonderful magic!